A Connector copies data from one of your many data sources into a single data warehouse on a recurring schedule. You must connect at least one data source to Mozart. However, the real power of Mozart is unlocked by connecting many different data sources and combining their data together to answer your holistic business questions.
The first time you connect a data source, the Connector will sync the entire data source, which may take anywhere from 45 seconds to a few hours depending on how large your data source is. After the initial sync, the Connector will copy updates to Mozart on a recurring schedule. The default sync interval is one hour; however, you may change this.
- On the header, click on
- Click the
- Choose which type of Connector you want to add.
- Pick a schema name for your data source. All data from a given data source will be copied into a single schema. If you aren't one hundred percent sure what you want your schema to be called, we recommend using the default value. If you are going to have more than one Connector of a given type, we recommend that you give the Connector schemas distinctive names so you can tell them apart. Lastly, you will probably be typing this name a lot so we recommend picking a name that is relatively short, yet still descriptive.
- Enter the connection settings for your data source. Most of the Connectors are as simple as entering an username and a password. Database Connectors tend to be more complex to setup and will require the help of the systems administrator or software engineer in charge of maintaining that database. The contents of this page vary depending on what type of data source you are connecting.
- After you click
Save & Testyou will be returned to the list of existing Connectors. For most Connectors, you will see spinning green arrows indicating that the Connector is syncing. Initial syncing may take anywhere from 45 seconds to a few hours depending on how large your data source is. If you connected a database or Salesforce, a modal will automatically pop up asking you which tables and columns you want to sync. You may want to disable syncing specific tables or columns if they contain sensitive data or you're confident you won't need that data in Mozart. After you pick which tables you want to sync, click
Save & Syncand your data will begin syncing.
- You can now change how often that Connector syncs data to Mozart.
- You can create and sync as many Connectors as you want at the same time. While you are waiting for your first Connector to finish syncing, you can go ahead and start creating any other Connectors you need.
Updated 6 months ago
Create your first Transform